In the real world, there is a certain percentage of your chamber membership that might renew (or might not) that is really out of your control, but there is a lot of business that is ABSOLUTELY in your control. It’s up to you to make sure you are taking care of your members, letting them know that they are important and, of course, bringing the power of membership to bear in helping them to overcome business challenges.
Here are 5 things you can do to pay attention to your Chamber of Commerce members:
- Set an appointment with them TODAY to review what you have done for them over the last 90 days and what you are working on looking ahead.
- Write them a hand-written thank you note for being such a valuable addition to the chamber.
- Schedule a meeting with them to talk about 2013 and the new goals, objectives and challenge they foresee…and help them see the ways in which their chamber membership can benefit them.
- Bring your chamber members new ideas. Not the same old ones that you have always brought (and that they have always bought) but different ones that show them you are thinking about their business.
- Read a book that is directly related to their industry, or their industry magazine, and share your notes and thoughts, as this will position you as a resource to them.
Let’s hear from you…
What are some of the things that you are doing to show your best customers that they are important?
If you are ready to grow your Chamber of Commerce and need an experienced team that delivers results – Schedule a Free Consultation with Membership 180 and get started on the road to more recruitment, engagement, and retention for your chamber.